We have updated our Terms of Service, Code of Conduct, and Addendum.

How can I add Humio as an Elasticsearch destination?

Options
Erin Sweeney
Erin Sweeney Posts: 45 admin
edited July 2023 in General Discussions

I believe I correctly added Humio as an Elasticsearch destination, it's showing as healthy (green check in my screenshot). However when I test it, I get the error "Error: Send failed: SyntaxError: Unexpected token < in JSON at position 0, status: Sender is blocked
Details: undefined" Not sure what I'm doing wrong, any suggestions?

Best Answer

• Brendan Dalpe
    Brendan Dalpe Posts: 201 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Humio Elasticsearch does not support discovery of the Elastic version. By default, Cribl Stream will attempt to discover the Elasticsearch version. You can disable this under the Cribl Stream Elasticsearch destination under the Advanced Settings. Set the Elasticsearch version to 7.X and the error will resolve.

Humio recommends using HEC for better scalability. See this blog post by Cribl SE Alex Cain for more info on how to set Cribl Stream with Humio.

Answers

• Brendan Dalpe
    Brendan Dalpe Posts: 201 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Humio Elasticsearch does not support discovery of the Elastic version. By default, Cribl Stream will attempt to discover the Elasticsearch version. You can disable this under the Cribl Stream Elasticsearch destination under the Advanced Settings. Set the Elasticsearch version to 7.X and the error will resolve.

Humio recommends using HEC for better scalability. See this blog post by Cribl SE Alex Cain for more info on how to set Cribl Stream with Humio.